How to send mail using telnet connection to SMTP server
1. Open telnet session
# telnet mail.server.tld 25
Trying mail.server.tld ...
Connected to mail.server.tld
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.server.tld ESMTP
2. Introduce us in SMTP server
3. Send email address of the sender
mail from: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Send email address of the recipient
rcpt to: email@example.com
5. Let's go with body ot the message
354 go ahead
6. Send Name and Email adress of the sender
From: John Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
7. Send Name and Email address of the recipient
8. Next Subject of the message
Subject: nesto alabala
9. Continue with the message
text text text
10. Let's say to SMTP server to send the message (??? YES this is only DOT???)
250 ok XXXXXX
11. Close telnet session
That's all falks
Points 6, 7 and 8 and can be missed
voyager (04-12-2007 14:46) :
please login and pass to smtp
Bineesh wilson (16-10-2012 09:19) :
helped me a lot.....
everything is crystal clear...
Thanks you and all the best...
This page was last modified on 2017-02-23 02:10:16